The first question many people ask when thinking about hiring a private jet is: ‘how much does it cost to charter a plane?’ Of course, there’s no exact answer. This is because, just like booking a seat on a commercial flight, the price will differ depending on where you are flying to and from, your travel dates, when you book and your specific requirements.
And while generally, the price of a private jet charter will be higher than a scheduled airline service, there’s a good reason for that. A private jet gives you a level of flexibility, luxury and exclusivity that no commercial flight can provide — so it’s often money well spent.
So, to find out the answer to the question’ how much is it to rent a private jet?’ take a look below.
Factors affecting the price
If you’ve never flown privately before then it’s understandable that ‘how much to charter a jet?’ will be one of your first questions. The cost of chartering a private jet covers the whole aircraft, but the price can vary massively depending on a number of factors:
● Location and destination: Short trips to popular destinations are the most cost-effective routes to fly (trips to unusual or remote airfields often come with a price tag attached).
● Journey time: Jet charters are often priced at an hourly rate, so longer journeys are generally more expensive.
● Airport positioning: Also known as ‘empty legs’, if your jet has to fly from its current location to reach your departure airport, there may be a charge for the relocation. But it works both ways – if there’s an ‘empty leg’ on the route you want to fly, booking it could save you up to 75%.
● Type of aircraft: Larger aircraft are costlier as they use more fuel and can require more crew. But on the flipside, they provide more space for passengers, luggage and cargo.
● Number of passengers: As the price of chartering one plane is fixed, the more passengers you have, the more cost-effective it will be.
● Flight timings: For return journeys, the costs incurred between flights (such as airport parking charges and crew hotel fees) are included.
● Airport fees: Landing fees and handling fees are charged by airports, along with ground transport.
How much to charter a private jet with Victor?
With Victor, our prices are clear and transparent, with no upfront costs or hidden fees.
There is a fixed booking fee for all online charter request bookings and up to a 10% fee for Victor Concierge and Empty Leg flights. We work with leading operators to offer the most competitive prices, with quotes fixed for 24 hours. Plus, taxiing time and fuel surcharges do not incur extra costs.
You can however, get a discount of up to 75% on the cost of a conventional private jet charter on many Empty Leg flights.
So, with a better understanding of how much it is to charter a plane, plan your business trip or holiday with Victor today. You can also request a quote here, to quickly get a price for your next private jet charter with us.
Share this Post