Las week, #VictorExplores went to Montenegro: The lesser-known side of the Mediterranean, it boasts the beaches and the climate we all love but without the crowds (and one of the most iconic hotels in the world). See below our best picks:
1. The beautiful Boka Bay as seen from the top of the Mamula fortress.
2. The Mamula fortress guards the entrance to Boka Bay, one of the most beautiful inlets in the world.
3. Mamula Fortress: Named after the Austrian admiral Lazar Mamula, who built it at the end of the 19th century, the fortress previously served as a prison.
4. Enjoy a poolside Negroni or two at the Porto Montenegro Yacht Club.
5. Regent Port Montenegro Hotel – surrounded by mountainous landscapes on the shores of UNESCO-protected Boka Bay. One of the most glamorous nautical village in the Mediterranean.
6. Beautiful Montenegro Kotor bay – the largest Adriatic bay between Montenegro and Croatia.
7. Aman Sveti Stefan hotel – Attached to the coast by a narrow isthmus, this charming seaside hideaway pairs cobbled lanes, shaded courtyards and 600-year-old red-tiled roofs with three pink-sand beaches and the august Villa Milocer on the mainland.
8. Each suite at the Aman Sveti Stefan is individually decorated and perfectly in keeping with the resort’s history – before becoming a luxury property, it was an old fishing village.
9. Up in the air: our always favourite views of Montenegro.
10. When in Montenegro don’t miss Lake Skadar National Park – one of the most important reserves for wetland birds in Europe.
11. Experience the best of the Mediterranean lifestyle. Coffee break at Regent Porto Montenegro Hotel.
12. The jetty is the sleekest way to transfer from the Aman Sveti Stefan’s private island to one of its three beaches on the mainland, reserved exclusively for guests
Make sure you follow us live on Instagram in our next location: New York!
Share this Post